I started one run with the Senatorial Office and with the PEWA as a CPU fed. I had Senator, Kalb, Fitsharris, Crusher Honda, Colossus and Textbook Dwight as my starting pack. It was not a good start. For one, Rhodes is both expensive and kills match quality more often than not. I spent too much bringing in outsiders and generally couldn't raise my popularity. Eventually, I managed to sign free agents Victor Van Banning(my Peter Cushing tribute) and Irkalla(of Midas's management team), but still couldn't fill a decent arena.
My second run was much better, as I started with Pan African Wrestling with the TIPWF as a CPU fed. This one gave me a wonderful starting roster of Mutombo, FENYANG, Yetunde Oya, King Bemba, Ramses and Renate Barlowe. All six of those put on quality matches every night, and sold merch. I quickly rose up the ranks and made big bucks, upgrading my gym in the process. I even managed to find Anwar Omar hiding out in Europe, thanks to my scouting efforts. King Bemba was the MVP of my shows, constantly putting on 90%+ matches. And at the time I saved and closed out, I found a set of sponsors, signed every one of my own edits I found in the free agent pools, signed Gunny Lee Hart away from the TIPWF for a big sum, just because I could, and I gave all my people sizable raises without putting myself in a financial hole.
Now if I can figure out why some of my edits were glitching the game out...
Do you have mods active? On the discord, people discovered that custom origin locations were causing problems, as the game uses location to determine where wrestlers go in the free agent pool, but it can only use the default countries
Just wanted to say I've been having a good time with the promoter and making good amounts of money on the shows. This morning I ran a cross promotional event with a legends promotion. All in all it was a good event until the main event when my heavyweight champion lost to Bret Hart. Didn't think anything of it and figured I'd be able to challenge him for the title again. Next thing I know the promotion he works for has gone bankrupt and now I cant find him anywhere to try and get my title back. I'm in a bit of a pickle now. Shite!!! haha
I've signed XPac after two great matches (against my World Champion LowKi in not title matches) as a free agent. Now he is the show stealer, never made bad matches (always over 85% rating) and has won the Junior Heavyweight against Sammy Guevara and succesfully defended it already 3 times (rematch against Sammy Guevara, then againsy Dezmond Xavier and against Jimmy Jacobs).
So, my first year is done! I have to admit, I am enjoying this mode much more than I thought I would :)
I decided to go with my RELOAD promotion, a small promotion in Japan without that much star power. I think a parallel with today’s Zero-1 is in order. The promotion has a few fictional characters but mostly operate in a real world setting. I also decided to build up slowly and the six wrestlers I chose to start with are not necessarily all top guys.
1. Sonny X – My main e-fed guy. Used to be a cocky world champion but then retired for several years. Hasn’t been himself since returning and is struggling to get his career back on track. Claims he has the best kick in the business and challenges anyone across the globe to prove otherwise. This also shows a direction of the promotion, at least in the beginning - quite a few wrestlers are coming from a shoot-fighting background.
2. D-Mask II – The little brother of Sonny X and the second iteration of the D-Mask character. No one knows what happened to the 1st one. When Sonny X was in his prime, D-Mask II was more of a comedy character than anything else but now he’s truly becoming a decent junior wrestler. Has very good kicks like his brother but also mixes in submissions and some high flying moves.
3. Tiger Mask – the original legend, now in his sixties. Although he is chubby and slow, still packs a serious punch. Serving as a mentor and tag partner for D-Mask II.
4. Yoshihiro Takayama – By far the biggest star of RELOAD. Sees himself as the rightful champion of champions.
5. Daijiro Zama – Many predict he is the future ace of RELOAD. A very well rounded fighter with a captivating finisher, the Blazing Tornado. Used to tag with Sonny at the beginning of his career.
6. Scott Lost – Scott is a member of The Undercard stable, which is basically indy guys who are frustrated about never getting a chance at anything. Well Scott, here’s your chance buddy.
Other promotions: WWE, NJPW, ROH, Impact, Mexico (CMLL + AAA), AJPW, NOAH, BJW, FPW (fictional promotion run by Tenryu, pretty much a continuation of WAR), AEW, DDT, Michinoku+Osaka+K-Dojo
The first match absolutely had to be Sonny X vs D-Mask II. This was my Pillman vs Liger.
Takayama took on Zama in the main event to decide the RELOAD champion and the ‘plug number’ was Scott Lost vs Tiger Mask.
D-Mask vs Sonny did not disappoint and Zama vs Takayama was a thriller. I was very happy to see Zama take the title and living up to his Ace title. Scott Lost vs Tiger Mask was pretty bad and I was very concerned that I made the wrong choice in betting on Scott. This was only the first show, of course, so there is still time to improve.
Another mistake I made was setting the prices to $20, thus getting a very low attendance. Still, there were many positives and I was excited for the road ahead!