For anyone getting into modding in the future, here's a rundown of what every mod author expects of you if you're planning to use stuff from their mod/code in your own mod. If you're an author, make sure you have permissions in this thread, otherwise your mods will be treated as fair game if a problem arises. This thread is NOT a discussion thread, and ANY post not containing author's permissions will be deleted.
My official stance on using my code in your own mods is as follows:
- I do not and will not give you uncompiled code.
- I do and always will require that you ask my permission to release a public mod that is NOT part of the tutorial series that uses code from one of my mods.
- I do not and will not require credit if you use my code after you've received said permission.
- Feel free to butcher, maim, mutilate, modify, rape, and or insert your consensual modding penis into any of my code that you want if it's for private use. You don't need permission, you don't need to tell me about it, you just need the will to do it.
ExportMatchInfo This should have included the source code already; if it didn't, feel free to throw it through a reflector (I would have to find the code on another computer and I won't have time immediately).
Private Mods I didn't release I know I never got around to finishing Explosion Fun, and there's another mod that is marked "INTERNAL USE ONLY" that I never released to anyone.
If you have an earlier version of Explosion Fun, you can do whatever.
Save Tool This is the big issue; I had split the program into two versions to allow people who know what they're doing to break some limits. I would prefer if people NOT reverse engineer the save tool, because certain limitations were put in place to make things fair for everyone else.
(I will edit this post in the future if anything changes.)
Ask for permission before re-using code from my mods, so I can provide information on any specific issues you may need to be aware of.
You don't need to credit me if you re-used code, but I take no responsibility for any issues that may occur as a result of the re-use.
Send a private message if you want to see a specific, uncompiled version of code. I can't promise that I'll provide it, but I wouldn't mind providing insight on any issues you may encounter.
If and when I ever actually start coding, View619 has summarized my position nicely and I hereby steal... er.. borrow his rules as my own.
As far as modded edit parts, I am cool with anyone using them however they want including improving my files. I'll be glad to share psd files where I still have them, png files where I don't. All I ask is that I be provided the newer version in case I want to use it, and maybe a nod that it derives from my work.
Oni's Parts Unknown (Custom Edit Parts) - Link Removed
- I will not give you uncompiled code. - Please ask for permission before using code that came from any of my mods in anything release publicy. Mainly I just want to keep track of what I can abandon - Please do not modify PWGR patcher unless it's posted here and essential to continued use of modding on Fire Pro World.